Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Great Thaw of 2011 is almost finished......We hope!

I am really quite suprised.  I had a farmer tell me this past weekend, that the snow and ice would be gone by the middle of this week.  To my delight, he was pretty much on it.  I tell you these farmer guys in Hooterville are pretty smart fellas.  I can see green and brown on the ground and mud in the gravel.  Not to worry about slipping under the car because of ice.  Now its the mud.  But that's ok.
The warmer weather has brought happy birds to Hooterville.  I so enjoy hearing them sing their songs and noticed this week that many are singing their songs. 
Was that crazy groundhog correct? 

The count down of spring is on.  With spring comes new life and that's just who we are waiting on.  Navy son and his wife will be welcoming their son in less than 6 weeks.  Really. 6 weeks.  Our second opportunity to be a Grandparent!  Yippee!  The little fella seems to be doing well.  Filling up the space left in his current living quarters. (According to his mom, he is filling this space very quickly.)
He will be a welcome addition to our family and we can't wait to meet him!
Looking through my camera recently I came across some pictures of our son's graduation from Basic Training. It's almost been a year that he has completed that part of his Navy tour. And it has almost been 2 years that he has been enlisted.  But who's counting.......(Apparently I am!) 
I am very proud of him and what he is doing and has done.  I am just a mom!  Most mom's want their chicks to be close.  But knowing that "it is what it is" and must be this way for a season, I can put my wing to my side and know that he is happy, growing and doing a fine work.  I have not been blessed? to be able to tell the future,  but I do know this to shall pass and soon another adventure will began. 
I am sharing some of the Navy pictures on this post.  Hope you enjoy! It was really an impressive ceremony.
Excited mom taking picture!  Sorry it's blurry!

1 comment:

  1. We're proud of our grandson too. We're also waiting on that little great grandson. Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete