Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hooterville's Garden of Hope

Footprints in the Snow!

The blowing wind created some cool drifts. 
Looks like we had more snow than we really did.


Out my kitchen window.  What a delightful suprise.
Welcome to my Garden of Hope.  Why you ask do I call it a Garden of Hope? As you can tell, there is not much there but Snow.  Thus the Hope!  My Hope is that sometime soon I can turn this crater sized snow pile into a garden to welcome dragonflies, butterflies, birds and bees.  Thinking happy (warm) thoughts yet?  Even though its cold outside, I can envision lush greenery, blossoms of different shades and happy flying creatures that are doing their dance.  A small flag and some wind chimes placed right beside a comfortable cushioned bench will offer the opportunity to enjoy the sights, smells and sounds of spring and summer. Come on Spring!

By looking at the footprints in the pictures, you can tell I have already had guests in my Garden of Hope.  I have at least 2 rabbits that live near by.  *You know if I have 2.....well...you know.  I'd like to think that one of the rabbits is the house guest I had last year.  His siblings (6 or 7) were taken to a cemetary close by and released to their new residence. This little fella decided to do a free bird out of my lap, off the porch, landing into the hostas, catapolting behind the plants and scampered away....well not too far away,  the footprints tell a tale of a different story.

Btw-those brownish tall things you see in the above pictures......not "plants" I planted.  But as you can see (I hope) in the last picture a  vibrant Cardinal is having lunch. (The picture doesn't do him justice.) The next day he brought 2 friends with him.  Another beautiful male Cardinal and a not so showy female Cardinal.  So those unwanted "plants" turned into a winter feast for my feathered friends.

So I guess I need to say that its not a Garden of Hope but that I Hope it will be a Garden.  If not, I have enjoyed watching nature move on even though the ground has been blanketed and put to rest for a season.

1 comment:

  1. I like your optimisim!! I'm tired of all this snow!! I just know we're one day closer to spring!! Yea!!! So I'm throwing my lot with your Garden of Hope....Come on SPRING!!!!

    ReplyDelete